Establish Data Mandatory Fields
- The user must be in the UK (GB, GG, JE, GI) as the current flow type.
- Pass the required data during the EstablishRequest within the establishData object.
- Email and address are mandatory, even though the API will not verify. If both are not entered, the user will have to manually type it in at Checkout.
- In compliance with GDPR, do not send the telephone number.
- Merchant reference is mandatory and unique per mandate.
- Merchant references must match the BACS requirement. Minimum requirements include:
- A core reference may be up to 13 characters long and must be a minimum of 6 characters
- Although any of the allowed BACS characters may be included in the core reference*, only upper
case alpha and numeric characters will be considered in checking for the minimum length of 6
characters. Use of “DDIC” in the first four characters of the reference is prohibited. This is
reserved for PSP use only if:
- It must not consist of all the same characters (e.g. all zeros)
- It must be left-justified within field 10 of the DDI and Direct Debit record. This requires the first
alpha/numeric character of the reference to appear in character position one of this field
- It must be lodged with the paying PSPs exactly as it appears on a signed DDI
- It must be unique for the sort code, account number, and SUN to ensure that the paying PSPs can
accurately match Direct Debits to DDIs. It must not be possible to match the core reference quoted
in the DDI wholly or in part to the core reference of any other DDI already held by the paying PSP
for the same sort code, account number and SUN.
- Valid characters are a space, A-Z, 0-9, -, &, and (.) Other allowed characters are space, ampersand (&), hyphen, full stop, and solidus (/).
- Mandate must be confirmed (which takes 5 days), so the first start date of the recurring payments cannot be before that, else it will fail.
- AutomaticCapture must be true.
For more information, see Recurring Payments.
Cancel recurring transactions are possible on the current day before cut-off 8.30 pm (UK time)
Refund transactions are not possible on direct debit transactions
Event notifications should be enabled to retrieve status updates on the mandates and transactions
|ARUCS||3||I Account transferred|
|ARUCS||5||I No account|
|ARUCS||C||Requested by remitter|
|ARUDD||0||Refer to payer (basically means out of funds)|
|ARUDD||4||Advance notice disputed|
|ARUDD||5||No account (or wrong account type)|
|ARUDD||7||Amount differs (disputed amount)|
|ARUDD||8||Amount not yet due (in case payment is sent before DDI confirmed)|
|ARUDD||9||Presentation is overdue|
|ARUDD||A||Service User differs (Details dont match DDI)|
|ADDACS||0||Instruction canceled refer to Payer|
|ADDACS||1||Instruction canceled by Payer|
|ADDACS||3||Account transferred to new bank|
|ADDACS||C||Account transferred to new branch|
|ADDACS||D||Advance notice disputed|
|AUDDIS||1||Instruction Canceled by Payer|
|AUDDIS||C||DDI amount not zero|
|AUDDIS||F||Invalid account type|
|AUDDIS||G||PSP will not accept DD on account|
|AUDDIS||I||Payer Reference not unique|
|AUDDIS||K||Instruction cancelled by paying PSP|
|AUDDIS||L||Incorrect payers account details|
|AUDDIS||M||Trx code/user status incompatible|
|AUDDIS||N||Trx not allowed at payers branch|
|AUDDIS||P||Payer's name not present|
|AUDDIS||Q||Service users name blank|
|DDIC||2||No advance notice received by payer|
|DDIC||3||DDI cancelled by bank|
|DDIC||4||Payer has cancelled DDI with Service User|
|DDIC||5||No intruction held|
|DDIC||7||Claim raised at Service User Request|
|DDIC||8||Service user name disputed, payer does not recognise|
Updated 2 months ago